The handbook's format and style of presentation follows that of previous editions inspired by the Faye Brown approach to coding instruction. The handbook is authored by Nelly Leon-Chisen, RHIA, Director of Coding and Classification at the AHA.
- Fiscal year 2021 code updates, including new information on COVID-19, vaping-related disorder, history of diabetes mellitus or hypertension, immunodeficiency, cytokine release syndrome,cerebrospinal fluid leak, intracranial hypotension, neonatal cerebral infarction, and “chronic stroke”
- Up-to-date guidance on coding signs and symptoms, diseases, disorders, procedures, conditions, complications of care, long-term care, and more
- Reflects the Official Coding Guidelines
- Over 200 chapter-based and final review exercises
- Built-in workbook of case summary exercises
- More than 50 four-color illustrations of anatomy, common disorders, and procedures
Settings are available to subscribers. If you are a subscriber, Sign In .
Settings allow you to choose which details tabs are shown and in what order.
The IntelliSearch™ tool is divided into three sections: Search, Context and Details.
The Search section allows you to enter codes and words to search in code sets, newsletters, books, documents and other data sets. The two gray bars that divide the sections may be dragged horizontally to expand or contract the sections.
In the Search section there are 4 buttons: Data Sets, History, Settings, and Help.
- The Data Sets button opens a pop-up area that allows you to select which data sets the search terms will be applied to.
- The History button opens a pop-up area that shows the history of your search terms and selected codes.
- The Settings button opens a pop-up area that allows you to set search, context, and details section settings.
- The Help button opens this pop-up area showing help and instructions for using this tool.
|ABCMOD||Alternative Medicine Modifiers|
|APC||Ambulatory Payment Classification|
|BETOS||Berenson-Eggers Type of Service|
|CCS||Clinical Clasification System|
|CPT||Current Procedural Termonology (AMA)|
|CVX||Vaccine and Immunization Codes|
|DENTAL||Current Dental Termonology (CDT by the ADA)|
|DRG||Diagnosis Related Groups|
|GPI||Generic Product Identifier (drug codes from Wolters-Kluwer|
|HCPCS||Healthcare Procedure Coding System (CMS)|
|HCPCSMODA||HCPCS Ambulance Trip Modifiers|
|HIPPS||Health Insurance Prospective Payment System Codes|
|ICD10CM||International Classification of Diseases v10 - Clinical Modification|
|ICD10PCS||International Classification of Diseases v10 - Procedure Coding System|
|ICD11||International Classification of Diseases v11|
|ICD9||International Classification of Diseases v9 - Clinical Modification|
|ICD9V3||International Classification of Diseases v9 - Procedure Coding System|
|LOINC||Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes|
|NDC||National Drug Codes|
|NPI||National Provider Identification numbers|
|RXNORM||Standardized nomenclature for clinical drugs (UMLS)|
|SNOMED||Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine Clinical Terms|
|UB04COND||UB-04 Condition Codes (AHA)|
|UB04REV||UB-04 Revenue Codes (AHA)|
The IntelliSearch™ history window is accessed by clicking on the triple bar icon. The history window is split into three sections: Codes, Searches, and Pages.
Lists recent code pages you have viewed on Find-A-Code.
Lists recent searches you have made using the Find-A-Code Search page, or IntelliSearch™.
Lists recent pages you have visited on Find-A-Code.
The IntelliSearch™ settings window is accessed by clicking on the gear icon. Begin by selecting which setting section you would like to change.
Show non-Active Codes
If checked, deleted or retired codes will be shown in the results. Leave unchecked to hide the deleted and retired codes.
Show Code Matches
Scan the search words to see if they match codes. Matches will be shown in the "codes" tab. A subscription is NOT required to see code matches, but some code titles/descriptions are not displayed without appropriate subscriptions.
Show Index Results
Show results from indexes for ICD-10-CM, CPT, HCPCS, and ICD-10-PCS (depending on your subscription - a subscription is required to see index results).
Show CCI Edits
If multiple CPT/HCPCS codes are entered as search terms, you can see the CCI Edits for those codes (either facility or non-facility - depending on subscription - a subscription is required to see either).
Detail Sections for Code Sets
Individual detail sections for each code set can be shown, hidden, and reordered based on personal preference.
Exact code matches.
Alphabetically indexed view of code results.
Codes by Code Set
Lists exact and partial code matches by code set.