by CMS - MLNConnects
Oct 27th, 2022
- Skilled Nursing Facility Provider Preview Reports: Review by November 14
- Help Your Patients Make Informed Health Care Decisions
- Ambulance Fee Schedule: CY 2023 Ambulance Inflation Factor & Productivity Adjustment
Review your data by November 14, and contact CMS if you have questions. We’ll publish the data on Care Compare and in the Provider Data Catalog in January. Visit the Updates Section of the Public Reporting webpage for more information.
Health literacy can reduce adverse events for your patients, like missed screenings, inappropriate care transitions, and diagnostic errors (see CMS Framework for Health Equity (PDF)). During Health Literacy Month, get in the habit of promoting health literacy and language access resources so your patients can find, understand, and use information for health-related decisions.
- CMS Office of Minority Health: Health Observances webpage
- Introduction to Language Access Plans web-based training
- Coverage to Care webpage
The Ambulance Inflation Factor for CY 2023 is 8.7%. For more information, see the instruction to your Medicare Administrative Contractor (PDF).
An Office of Inspector General report found that Medicare improperly paid claims for implanted spinal neurostimulators when providers didn’t give sufficient documentation supporting medical necessity. For dates of service on or after July 1, 2021, you must ask your Medicare Administrative Contractor to authorize these services before performing the procedure in the hospital outpatient department.
Learn what you need to include in patient medical records:
- Prior Authorization and Pre-Claim Review Initiatives webpage
- Section XVII CY 2021 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System final rule
- Section 188.8.131.52 Prior Authorization Program for Certain Hospital Outpatient Department Services (PDF) operational guide
- Final List of Outpatient Department Services That Require Prior Authorization (PDF)
DMEPOS: Corrected 2022 E2102 Fee Schedule Amounts
In September, CMS released the October 2022 DMEPOS fee schedule amounts. We released a revised fee schedule file (ZIP) on October 19 to correct errors in 3 E2102 fees. Visit the DMEPOS Fee Schedule webpage for more information.
Learn about Medicare Part A and Part B (PDF) costs including:
- Deductible and coinsurance rates
- Premium amounts
This newsletter is current as of the issue date. View the complete disclaimer.
The Medicare Learning Network®, MLN Connects®, and MLN Matters® are registered trademarks of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).