by Raquel Shumway
October 7th, 2019
Changes came in coding Hypertensive Diseases when ICD-10 was adopted. The American Academy of Family Physicians magazine published an article "How to Document and Code for Hypertensive Diseases in ICD-10," which covers some of those changes.
The following topics with examples are included:
- Essential (primary) hypertension
- Hypertension & hypertensive heart disease
- Hypertension & chronic kidney disease
- Hypertension, hypertensive heart disease, and chronic kidney disease
- Tobacco use or exposure in individuals with hypertensive diseases
- Coding for secondary hypertension
Please Click here to go to the article for more information.