by Wyn Staheli, Director of Research
October 8th, 2015
There is a new Final Rule scheduled to be published in the Federal Register on October 16, 2015. There are changes to the requirements of the EHR Incentive Program which are aimed to ease the burden on providers.
According to an announcement by CMS, some of the "major provisions in the EHR Incentive Programs for 2015 include:
- A revised single set of objectives and measures, including a reduction in the overall number of objectives to which a provider must attest.
- Alternate exclusions and specifications for providers previously scheduled to be in Stage 1 of meaningful use.
- A shift to calendar year reporting and a 90-day EHR reporting period for all providers.
- Attesting to objectives and measures using EHR technology certified to the 2014 Edition.
- Revisions to attestation and payment adjustment deadlines."
See the related links for additional information by CMS on these changes to determine how your practice may be affected by these changes. Also watch for further announcements of changes from your EHR software vendor.