by Christine Woolstenhulme, QCC, QMCS, CPC, CMRS
October 17th, 2014
CMS has added two new FAQs to their website.
- CEHRT Day 1 FAQ: This FAQ provides information regarding when Certified Electronic Health Record Technology (CEHRT) must be implemented to be successful for 2014 PQRS reporting.
- 2014 Registry XML NPI Validation FAQ: This FAQ provides guidance on the error message received when registries are submitting National Provider Identifiers (NPIs) for group practices participating via the group practice reporting option (GPRO) for 2014 PQRS.
Want more information about PQRS?
Make sure to visit the PQRS website for the latest news and updates on PQRS. You can also contact the QualityNet Help Desk at 866-288-8912 or at email@example.com from 7am to 7pm CT Monday through Friday.
New and Updated FAQs for the EHR Incentive Programs
CMS has recently added one new FAQ and updated seven FAQs to the CMS FAQ system.
- For Measure 2 of the Stage 2 Summary of Care objective for the EHR Incentive Programs, may an eligible professional, eligible hospital, or critical access hospital count a transition of care or referral in its numerator for the measure if they electronically create and send a summary of care document using their Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) to a third party organization that plays a role in determining the next provider of care and ultimately delivers the summary of care document? Read the answer.
- If my practice does not typically collect information on any of the core, alternate core, or additional clinical quality measures (CQMs) listed in the Final Rule on the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, do I need to report on CQMs for which I do not have any data? Read the answer.
- Can eligible professionals use CQMs from the alternate core set to meet the requirement of reporting three additional measures for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs? Read the answer.
- If one of the measures for the core set of CQMs for eligible professionals is not applicable for my patient population, am I excluded from reporting that measure for the Medicare or Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs? Read the answer.
- If none of the core, alternate core, or additional clinical quality measures adopted for the Medicare and Medicaid EHR incentive programs apply, am I exempt from reporting on all CQMs? Read the answer.
- If the denominators for all three of the core CQM are zero, do I have to report on the additional CQMs for eligible professionals under the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs? Read the answer.
- For the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs, if the certified EHR technology possessed by an eligible professional generates zero denominators for all CQMs in the additional set that it can calculate, is the eligible professional responsible for determining whether they have zero denominators or data for any remaining CQMs in the additional set that their certified EHR technology is not capable of calculating? Read the answer.
- I am an eligible professional who has successfully attested for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program, so why haven't I received my incentive payment yet? Read the answer.
Want more information about the EHR Incentive Programs?
Make sure to visit the Medicare and Medicaid EHR Incentive Programs website for the latest news and updates on the EHR Incentive Programs.