by Christine Woolstenhulme, QCC, QMCS, CPC, CMRS
January 9th, 2015
The Purpose of Risk Adjustment
About this Training
This Risk Adjustment training is organized into six modules:
- Overview - Defines risk adjustment and its purpose while also providing essential terminology and acronyms.
- Connectivity and Testing - Discusses the process for connecting to and testing the Risk Adjustment Processing System.
- Key Data Elements - Provides an overview of the types of data required for risk adjustment, as well as acceptable sources for data collection.
- The Risk Adjustment Processing System (RAPS) - Introduces the Risk Adjustment Processing System (RAPS), the format and flow for submitting risk adjustment data, and the timeline for RAPS submissions.
- Reports - Presents the Front-EndRisk Adjustment System (FERAS) and the CMS RAPS data logic and editing processes while describing FERAS and RAPS reports used by plans for risk adjustment.
- Resources - Provides access to key resources and important links to ensure a foundation for understanding risk adjustment.