E&M Code Guidelines - Evaluation & Management Code Instructions
The following guides will help with your Evaluation and Management (E/M) coding.
Practical E/M by Stephen R. Levinson, M.D.
(Click image to purchase.)
Practical E/M: Documentation and Coding Solutions for Quality Patient Care, second edition enables physicians to complete evaluation and management (E/M) coding and documentation correctly in a timely fashion, without interfering with patient care. The updated edition includes a CD-ROM, expanded tools and sample forms.
- Provides essential tools for creating a workable medical record
- Built around the CPT E/M documentation principle of the "Nature of Presenting Problem" (NPP)
- Integrates documentation and coding into the process of providing high-quality care.
- Increase productivity - Appropriately increase bottom line revenue by eliminating under-coding and providing the level of documented care and coding warranted by the patient's condition.
- "Real World" applications of Practical E/M concepts - Correctly identify the types of services and the levels of medical necessity
- Complete Sample Intelligent Medical Record (IMR) form included
- Comprehensive set of sample IMR forms
- Tools for ER departments, nursing and home health care providers that rely on the three components of NPP
- Tools to assist physicians with other caretakers