AMA CPT® Assistant - 1992 Issue 3 (March)

How to Report Physician Services to Third Party Payors (Fall 1992)

Fall 1992 page 36-end Coding Tip How to Report Physician Services to Third Party Payors 1)Request to see the current insurance card(s) from each patient at each encounter. Make a copy of the card(s) for your file. 2)Identify the third party payor and select the appropriate claim form for that payor. 3)Fill out the patient identification reformation on the claim form according to the instructions provided by that payor. (Make sure all information being requested is provided: do not assume the payor has the reformation on file.) 4)>Include the appropriate billing identification numbers on the insurance claim...

To read the full article, sign in and subscribe to the AMA CPT® Assistant.

Access to this feature is available in the following products:
  • AMA's CPT® Assistant - Current + Archives

free demo
request yours today
for any budget
sign IN
welcome back!

Thank you for choosing Find-A-Code, please Sign In to remove ads.