MG30 Chronic pain
International Classification of Diseases for Mortality and Morbidity Statistics, 11th Revision, v2020-09
Pain is an unpleasant sensory and emotional experience associated with, or resembling that associated with, actual or potential tissue damage. Chronic pain is pain that persists or recurs for longer than 3 months. Chronic pain is multifactorial: biological, psychological and social factors contribute to the pain syndrome.
sections/codes in this section (MG30-MG30)
- Chronic primary pain (MG30.0)
- Chronic cancer related pain (MG30.1)
- Chronic postsurgical or post traumatic pain (MG30.2)
- Chronic secondary musculoskeletal pain (MG30.3)
- Chronic secondary visceral pain (MG30.4)
- Chronic neuropathic pain (MG30.5)
- Chronic secondary headache or orofacial pain (MG30.6)
- Other specified chronic pain (MG30.Y)
- Chronic pain, unspecified (MG30.Z)
This code should be used if a pain condition persists or recurs for longer than 3 months.
Thank you for choosing Find-A-Code, please Sign In to remove ads.