Find-A-Code's Medical Laboratory Test Information product update and new product Medical Lab Test with CLD Rankings
July 10, 2017
The Medical Laboratory Test database was recently updated to include:
- Over 200 new tests
- Improved links (quantity and quality) to diseases
- New Disease focused pages - tests related to a particular disease
- Additional links to codes (ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS)
- LOINC codes
- Auto-suggest search terms
- New tool to search by disease name
- New filters to search for tests by Methodology and/or Specimen Type
- A new professional version which includes Clinical Lab Decision rankings
New Product: Medical Lab Tests w/CLD Ranks
(Another FindACode.com EXCLUSIVE)
The more advanced "Medical Lab Tests w/CLD Ranks" product includes Clinical Lab Decision (CLD) rankings.
CLD uses a proprietary ranking system that enables healthcare providers to correctly select and order the most relevant tests based on diseases, symptoms, and ICD-10 codes.
Our CLD system scores over 10,000 test-disease/condition pairs, assigns a rank from 1 to 10 and displays the ranks as a simple color coded indicator of clinical relevance, medical necessity and testing indication.
For example: "ABO Group and Rh Typing":
The rankings also show up on each CPT/HCPCS or ICD-10 code information page when the code is associated with a Medical Laboratory test:
Using these Rankings:
- Ensures reimbursement by meeting medical necessity standards
- Helps meet Medicare and insurance compliance
- Arms you with the information you need to support testing decisions
- Avoids liability, malpractice and lawsuits
- Decreases healthcare costs by reducing over-utilization
- Shortens the time from diagnosis to treatment - leading to a reduction in procedures and admissions
- Reduces the number of tests sent to reference laboratories
New Search area has 3 search options:
1) Keyword search with new Methodology and Specimen Type filters:
Keyword search with new auto-suggest:
2) New search by test name also with Methodology and Specimen Type filters:
3) New search by disease:
New Page: Disease Information
Customers who purchase the upgraded "Medical Lab Tests w/CLD Rankings" product will see test-to-disease ranking information:
On the test information pages, the "Diseases/Conditions" pop open section now shows the tests in groups by how the test is used for each disease (Screening/Initial Testing, Diagnostic Testing, Confirmatory/Repeat Testing, Disease Management):
Ranks will also show, if purchased:
Tests associated with codes (CPT/ICD) will show in the "Medical Laboratory Tests" pop-open section as before, but will also be sorted by use - and Ranks will show up if purchased:
Add or upgrade your Find-A-Code subscription to include this invaluable tool today!
More Items in July 2017
To view more items select a month from our "Items by Month" list.
Or view documentation, coding and billing articles.